Client: SCAPE Student Living
Programme: 100 Weeks
Overview: The project involves the new build of 3 Student Accommodation Blocks and Associated Hard & Soft Landscaping Works. The regeneration is providing much needed new homes, an entrepreneurial hub for Brighton start-up businesses, new academic buildings, managed student accommodation, shops, cafes and car parking which have been designed around a new public green space.
In total, this sustainable development will create over 1,000 new jobs locally and contribute over half billion pounds to the city’s economy over the next 10 years.
Based on the client’s satisfaction with CHPK on the SCAPE Phase 2 Project, SCAPE appointed us to act in the same capacity on this development also. As such, we manage this project in exactly the same way, with monthly CDM Meetings onsite and H&S Site Inspections.
This gives us the opportunity to apply lessons learnt across the two projects, ultimately increasing our ability to positively affect CDM compliance.
The three sites on Lewes Road are Preston Barracks, the existing Watt’s car park and Mithras car park on the University of Brighton’s Moulsecoomb campus. This exciting mixed-use project will provide:
• 369 new homes.
• 1,338 purpose-built student bedrooms in managed buildings.
• A new academic building.
• New student union facilities.
• Entrepreneurial Hub for start-up businesses and entrepreneurs.
• New shops, cafes and workshops.
• New sport and recreation facilities for the University and public use including a gym and 1km running and fitness route.
• Open areas to provide spaces for people to meet and socialise.
• A new pedestrian bridge across the busy Lewes Road.
• Car parking and improved transport infrastructure to support the development and improve the flow of traffic in a busy road network.
Make an enquiry